I laugh at the title of this blog because to me a home based greeting card business is a “no brainer!” Who doesn’t like to send and receive unexpected greeting cards in the real mail! And the fact that you can earn some extra money sending cards, is just icing on the cake.
Five reasons to start a home-based greeting card business:
1. It’s FUN!
2. Have some extra money to spend.
3. You don’t have to sell anybody anything!!!
4. Everybody buys or knows somebody who buys greeting cards and gifts.
5. You can do this business from anywhere you have access to the Internet.
I am offering the opportunity to try this home-based business out for FREE and then you decide! Just click here.
If a retired teacher can do this, I know you can, too!!!
During the past year I have been talking with business professionals who wanted to start a home-based business. Below are the top four reasons people tell me they are looking to start a home-based business.
- I Need Job Security – In this economy, people are being laid off and companies are closing with little or no notice. Teachers are even losing their jobs. People are concerned about their job security and rightfully so. With a home-based business, you can protect yourself from being left out in the cold. You can determine your own job security because you are your own boss. If you are looking for job security, I highly encourage you to start your own business while you are still working your regular job. You can have job security quicker than you think!
- I Need To Make Extra Income – People want to start a home-based business to supplement their current income. Most people I talked with want to make an extra $1,000-$5,000 a month or some even $10,000 a month. It is 2010 as I write this and with the current job market, it is a smart choice to have an additional stream so you and your family are taken care of if a job loss happens to occur.
- I Need To Have A Rainy Day Fund – Just when you think everything is going smoothly, “Murphy” drops by and all of a sudden the transmission goes out in your car. Most people are hit hard with unexpected expenses, but with the additional income that a home-based business can bring in every month, you won’t have to worry about those unexpected expenses. You can do especially well in a home-based business if you have an income that is coming in on autopilot!
- I Want To Spend More Time With My Family. If you are working and not having enough time to spend with your family, you can never get back. Being able to be home with your kids, go to their school events, and take your family on multiple vacations is what most people say they want. Success in a home-based business will allow you to spend your time as well as your money the way you want to spend it.
A legitimate home-based business opportunity can help you achieve these dreams. There are lots of home-based businesses in the MLM industry that are legitimate. Do your research and find a home-based business that fits who you are and what you like to do.
If you are interested in receiving a free EBook on “Seven Legitimate Home-Based Business Opportunities,” just fill out your name and email address and you will have immediate access to the book I wrote.
How many bad habits do you have? Seriously, don’t answer that question! There are some things we just don’t need to know. But if you are working a home-based MLM business and you are not making the money you thought you should be making, it’s time to do a bad habit checkup.
There are three bad habits that steal your money in your MLM business.
The first bad habit is proscrastination. You know or should know the main activity that will make you money in your business. For most people in the MLM business, the activity that will make them the most money has to do something with “inviting” people. It may be inviting them to host a party, inviting them to make an appointment for a demonstration, inviting them to watch a DVD, inviting them to send a card, or inviting them to taste a product. Those are just a few that came to mind. I’m sure there are a host of others.
There is no reason to go through the psychology of why we procrastinate because the bottom line is we procrastinate basically because we don’t like doing something or we don’t think we do something well; and if we have the option of putting it off, we do.
Since our main activity is “inviting” others, the assumption is that you procrastinate because you don’t want to be rejected. Who cares if someone says no, not right now. Go to someone else. You are in business to make money. There are plenty of people who would love your product and love to join your team. Your job is to just keep moving and find them. It’s not personal.
You want to make the most money possible and the only way you are going to do that is to find the people who want the same thing that you want.
The second bad habit is not participating in professional development. I don’t care what business you are in, professional growth is a must. As a teacher, we were required to participate in continued education and that cost came out of our pockets. Regardless of what industry you are in, you must keep learning and growing professionally. I don’t know of an industry that does not require professionals to receive continuous education on the company and its products or services.
MLM success depends on having the right mindset to grow your business. You are not working for anyone else. Your entire income depends on your being able to relate, communicate and respond to others. Those who are enjoying MLM success are those who participate in professional growth daily.
Are you reading books that others who have been successful in MLM have written? Are you participating in weekly conference calls from your MLM company? Have you identified your area of weakness and focused on training that will transform your weakness into a strength. If you don’t know your weakness, just ask yourself what is it you don’t like to do and why you don’t like it and that is probably your weakness. Then find someone who is the master in your area of weakness and connect with them through seminars, books, or audio or video training.
The third bad habit is blaming others for your failure. The most empowering aspect of network marketing is that “you are in control.” You determine what you are going to do? You determine how much time you are going to spend doing it? You determine what you are going to do to improve your skills and mindset.
The ones who get into network marketing as a way to get-rich-quick-doing-nothing are the ones who play the blame game. No one has the right to play the blame game unless they have absolutely participated in every training activity their company offers and does every single activity their company tells them to do and has done this consistently for at least two years.
I hope this article has helped you think through the bad habits that are stealing your money. Even more importantly, I hope it has motivated you to take control of your daily activities, your professional development, and your business success!
We all know there is money to be made in network marketing. What stands between you and the money you want to be making is YOU! Are you ready for an extreme business makeover! Then you must say, “Bus Driver, Move Those Bad Habits!!!”
Just in case you are wondering, procrastination is by far the number one bad habit that was stealing my money in my network marketing business. I procrastinated because of fear that I would not know what to say to others if they asked me questions, and I proscrastinated because I feared rejection. By far, the most helpful training to me was “The Psychology of Asking” by Jeffery Combs. It has helped me so much that I became an affiliate of this product!
I would love to hear about what you are doing to “move your bad habits.”
In my 30 plus years as an educator, I have seen times of economic downturn. However, I have never seen a time where that downturn resulted in so many educators, especially teachers, losing their jobs.
Teachers, instructional paraprofessionals, and support staff are essential to our children’s education. However, no longer can we say that there is job security in education.
The sadness is that those employees who are losing their jobs have only a short time to find other jobs in an economy where unemployment is the highest it has ever been.
There is no need to argue or debate why we are in the place we are. That will get us nowhere at this point. It is important to look to the future to see what can be done to provide financial security.
The conclusion that I draw from what has happened with our economy is that every single person, regardless of place of employment, should have a second or even a third income stream.
We have always known to diversify our investments, but we have never thought about diversifying our income streams. Diversification in how we make money is now critical and should be something that we all consider.
What at one time was truth in our generation is no more. College degrees no longer guarantee you a great income. Working hard no longer gives you job security. No matter who you are and no matter what your degree level, if you depend on someone to hire you, you are already in trouble.
How do you diversify your income stream? Find a home-based business that you can start working part time while you still have your full-time employment. Diversify. Have at least two income streams so when one runs dry, you are not left high and dry.
There are lots of great home-based businesses that are legitimate and some of them are even fun to work. Anyone who has drive and commitment can be successful in a home-based business no matter what level of education and no matter what age.
There are only three requirements for success in starting a home-based business.
- Do something daily to help your business grow.
- Participate daily in personal development that helps you understand how to build your home-based business quickly and successfully.
- Don’t quit. You stay the course.
The awesome thing about having a home-based business is that you can’t be fired and you can’t be laid off.
You are the person who determines how much money you are going to earn. You are no longer at the mercy of your employer.
If you are interested in starting a home-based business, I can put you in touch with a number of business owners who can talk with you about who they are and what they do. Then you can decide what business fits you. Once you find the home-based business that you like and the business mentor that you want to work with, then JUST DO IT!! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
My heart is with each of you. I believe that I am in this place so that I can help you realize that “Yes, You Can!”
Read this article and your life could change forever. There is one word that if taken out of your vocabulary would, without a doubt, drastically change your life. It is a word so powerful that it keeps the good from being the best. It keeps the great from being the greatest. But most importantly it keeps the happy from being the happiest.
If you are a smoker, I bet you want to quit smoking? If you are unhealthy physically, I bet you really want to be a healthier person. If you are stressed, I bet you want to be unstressed! If you are broke, I bet you want to have more money. Even if you aren’t broke, I bet you want to have more money! If you can’t get along with someone, I bet you really want to get along with them.
Why is it that we don’t do the things we know we need to do to make a difference in our lives? Why is it that we always know what we need to do yet, we don’t do it? It’s because of one little word that has so much power in our lives.
That one word is procrastination! Why do we let procrastination control us? It controls us because what we really want to do is painful and we will do something else less productive to avoid pain. And we justify our actions. We take the attitude that we can do it later and later never comes.
Personally, I am a recovering proscrastinator. This is how I recovered and how you can to.
- Make a list of everything in your life for which you are thankful! More than likely people are in that list. Let those people know today and everyday how thankful you are for them.
- Write down a very general answer to this question: “If I could make one change in my life that would have the greatest impact on taking me from happy to happiest, what would it be?” Does it involve health, finances, spirituality, or your family.
- Write down very specific activities that if you do regularly everyday they will move you closer to becoming the person you want to become. These must be very specific and realistic activities that have associated times or quantities. For instance, I am doing _____ for ___ minutes today.
- Prioritize that list by which of those activities if done regularly will help you reach your goal the quickest.
- Make a purpose-driven decision each day to take that action. Do not procrastinate. Each day is a fresh start. Begin each day new and fresh because it is the first day of the rest of your life. Don’t beat yourself up if one day you did not take the action that you should have taken.
- Watch your life change as you take action. The more intentional and focused you are with your activity, the easier the activity will become.
Research documents that if you are consistent with an activity for 30 days, that it will become less painful. The only way you won’t become the person you really are is if you quit! Don’t quit!
We all know that if we keep doing the same thing we’ve always done, then we are going to get the same thing that we’ve always gotten. Why don’t we do something different? The answer is procrastination. And we procrastinate mainly because we avoid those activities that cause us pain. If we don’t like to do something, we do something else.
The key to becoming a recovering procrastinator is to start making it a habit to do those things that you know if completed will move you from where you are to where you want to be.
I wish you the best as you become a recovering procrastinator!
By the way, if you are in a network marketing business and you want to become a recovering procrastinator, check out Jeffery Combs as he coaches you through becoming a recovering procrastinator and Becoming the Master Asker!
Network marketing is a great way to put you in control of what you earn and has the potential for those who are serious to make a lot of money. But, the average network marketer is not a serious business owner.
The average network marketer thinks that just because someone else has made a lot of money in network marketing, then by association, they will, too. They want to have a lot of money but they just don’t want to take the necessary action to actually earn the money.
So there is no wonder why many quit within the first year. The quitters claim that they were deceived and that network marketing really doesn’t work.
That is a false claim.
Quitters lose out because they quit. And they quit because they don’t take the necessary time to receive training and then actually practice what they learn in training.
You may say that you attend the training calls, webinars and seminars sponsored by your company. That’s great but is that enough?
Those who do well in network marketing understand the sales strategy. They understand what great salesmen have known for years. They understand the power of asking but more importantly they understand how to ask.
The good news is that anyone can be trained to know the right questions to ask!
This valuable skill of “asking” was not learned overnight. Like any other great skill, it was learned over a period of time through reading, listening, and studying those who had mastered the skill.
Remember you are not in the business of answering questions posed by your prospect about how long have you been in the business and how much money do you make.
You job is to be the one to ask the questions!
Always turn your prospect’s question into a question for your prospect!
1. For instance, your prospect asks, “How long have you been in the business?” Mr. Prospect, the length of time is not the issue. It’s what you do with your time. You said that you wanted to be able to take three or four vacations a year with your family, what changes do you need to make in your life to make that happen?
2. What if your prospect asks, “How much money do you make?” Mr. Prospect, since you can’t spend my money and you said that you wanted to make $10,000 a month, what changes do you need to make in your life to make that happen?The key is to always turn your prospect’s question back into a question for him. It’s about your prospect and what your prospect needs and wants–it is not about you. Become the Master Asker with this special offer.
If you don’t have a Facebook Fan Page you are letting money walk away from you! It is a free revenue stream, but there is a secret to getting it to work for you.
Just having a Fan Page does not make it a great source of additional revenue. The secret is in knowing how to create and manage your Fan Page so that it works for you on autopilot!
There really is a secret to this madness!
Be intentional with creating your Facebook Fan page. Let it build a following over time by making sure that you follow these guidelines.
1. Make it Unique to You! Your Facebook Fan Page must be personally branded. You must stand out from the crowd. Visitors must easily be able to tell who you are and what you are about.
For instance, if you are a success coach, so what? There are millions of them. What makes you unique? Why would I pick you over another success coach?
Take time to think about who you are and what message you want to communicate. What images and words will best communicate that message. Create a tagline that when people see it no matter where they are, they will think about you.
For instance, when you hear or read “Just Do It,” you immediately think of Nike. Spend some time and personally brand yourself so that when someone sees a phrase or an image, they will immediately think of you!
2. Have Connections To Your Other Social Media Outlets. The more you are in front of your fans, the more you are remembered. On your Fan Page, your fans should be able to easily connect to your Twitter and to your LinkedIn pages and any other social media sites that are important to you. Then in return, you should have a connect box back to your Facebook Fan Page from your other social media sites. Make sure your fans can find you wherever you are.
If you have a website, have your Facebook Fan Page button on your website. The more you are out in the world of social media interacting, the more credibility you will have. You want to create buzz about who you are and what you do.
3. Give Away. Without this, there are no real leads! In exchange for your visitor or your fan’s name and email address, give them something of value for free. Once they experience your value, your visitors will become your fans.
For instance, you can do a special report on a “hot” topic in your niche. Another idea is to make a series of videos with each one showcasing a “How to” topic of interest. Also, you could write a “How To” special report.
Don’t make this step complicated. People are looking for great tips to grow their businesses and will gladly give up their name and email address in exchange.
Word of warning: Your content must be of value, helpful and do exactly what you posted in your opt-in box it would do.
4. Initiate Autoresponder. If you haven’t joined an autoresponder system, you are wasting a lot of time. It is like hiring a secretary for less than $20 a month! With an autoresponder, you can set up a series of emails to go out to your leads. Aweber is the autoresponder that I recommend.
In those emails, continue giving 95% value and 5% take away. The postscript is where you can lead them to your websites to sell them something that they really need to continue to be successful in their business.
Above all, be honest in everything that you!
To insure your network marketing or MLM success, be sure to visit my recommendations. You can find tools, including an autoresponder, that I use successfully on a regular basis.
If you are looking for a way to explode your network marketing with an online lead generation system that you puts all the pieces of the puzzle together, be sure to visit my internet marketing secret.
Well, I don’t have one to sell, but I might as well and you should to if you are in network marketing.
You have a great opportunity that is worth more than a Beemer over the course of time. Yet, the number one objection that most network marketers receive from a prospect is “I don’t have the money.”
Is that really true? Let me re-ask the question.
If I had a 2009 Beemer that I was selling for $398 just for today, would you find $398?
Of course, you would. Any of us would.
The real objection is that the prospect doesn’t think that your opportunity is valuable enough! If it were as valuable to him as a Beemer, you better believe he would find the money!
The problem: The prospect doesn’t see the real value in the opportunity you are presenting to him.
The solution: Ask the right questions so that there is no question in his mind that your opportunity is indeed so valuable that he would be crazy not to come up with the money—just as crazy if he could not come up with the money to purchase the Beemer.
You think that is easier said than done. Not really. It’s just a matter of training your ears to listen and your mind to respond with better questions so that the prospect realizes that your opportunity could have him making more money than he has ever made or has ever dreamed of making.
Look at this scenario after you have made your presentation or whatever you do to show others the great opportunity that you have.
Your prospect: I don’t have the money.
You: You are telling me that you see how this opportunity could change your life forever and if you had the money, you would join?
Your prospect: Yes.
You: Great. When do you plan on having the money?
Your prospect: I don’t know.
You: If you did know, when would you have the money?
Your prospect: I really don’t know.
You: You said you see how this opportunity can change your life and you really want to participate if you just had the money. Is that correct?
Your prospect: Yes.
You: If I had a 2009 Beemer to sell you for $398 and that offer was good for today and today only, would you find the money to purchase the Beemer?
Your prospect: Of course, I would.
You: Great. Where would you get the money?
Are you a “Master Asker?” You could be and explode your network marketing business. Network marketing is a great opportunity for so many people yet FEAR keeps them from responding the way they really want to respond. It really is not about the money. We all can find money to do whatever we want to do.
It’s all about the asking. You can learn how to ask questions that will take your prospect where they want to go but are just too afraid to take the step.
It’s for certain that your prospect’s life is not going to change as long as they keep doing the same thing they have always done. If any of us want to see a change in our lives, we must do something differently!
Jeffery Combs is one of the most dynamic trainers in the area of becoming a master asker.
Network marketing sells dreams. Is that good or bad? It’s both. The good is that there are lots and lots of network marketers who realize their dreams. The bad is that there are lots and lots of network marketers who never realize anything but being broke. Why? What separates those who succeed and those who fail?
The answer: Those who succeed understand the enemies and those who don’t are clueless.
The Number One Enemy: The Valley of Objections
You have just signed up with the greatest company in the world and you are ready to build your success dynasty and realize your dreams. You are so excited because you believe everyone you talk with is going to see the same amazing opportunity as you saw. Wrong! You must help your prospects overcome their fear of the unknown and to get them to overcome their fear, you must walk with them safely through the number one enemy of network marketing – the valley of objections.
Get ready to battle the valley of objections. Before you go to battle, you must be trained. You must learn everything you can about your enemy. In order for you to survive and realize your dreams, you must help your prospects understand they can realize their dreams, but you must first have a strategy to walk them safely through the valley of objections!
Training on how to handle objections is in two steps:
- Study from the best. Attend seminars and webinars and read books of those who are successful network marketers. This is what I call the easy phase so don’t get stuck here. You can’t be successful until you move to step two.
- If you want to learn how to do anything well, practice doing it! This is the most difficult step because of two other enemies: fear and procrastination!
If you are ready to learn how to handle objections, receive your copy of the Power of Asking Special Offer today.